About us » Tallow Chandlers' Hall
The Guild does not have its own hall and in the early times it used various venues in the City to hold Court and General Meetings.
Tallow Chandlers' Hall has been the headquarters of the Guild since 1942, where our Grant of Arms and collection of treasures is stored.
In 1968 the Tallow Chandlers' Company invited all those companies which used its hall as headquarters to co-operate in making up a window in the main hall showing the Arms of all such bodies. The window was completed in 1969 and the Guild's Arms appear in the lower centre.
The Hall is now the venue for the Annual General Meeting and for all Court meetings, as well as at least for three social events in each season.
Tallow Chandlers' Hall is at 4 Dowgate Hill, London EC4R 2SH, near Cannon Street Station.
Further details about the Hall can be found on the Tallow Chandlers' website.