Benevolent Activities » Results of Centenary Appeal
Results of the Centenary Appeal
Since the end of the First World War the Guild has maintained a tradition of presenting deserving young people for full-time secondary education at Christ's Hospital.
With the funds that had been raised and set aside for that specific purpose nearly exhausted, it was decided that the Guild would run a special appeal during the Centenary year to raise money to fund the secondary education for at least one child at Christ's Hospital for at least 6 years. The target was set at £60,000.
Various fund-raising activities were set up; the results have been most gratifying and it is a pleasure to report that the Guild has met its target. In round figures, to date the appeal has raised £55,000 as shown below, and there is well over £5,000 that has been promised but has not yet been received:
- Fundraising at Guild Events £1,900
- Charity Bowl Collections £2,550
- Centenary Merchandise Sales £2,650
- Donations received with Membership Renewals £5,250
- Legacies £7,600
- Members' Donations to the Appeal £11,300
- Donations received with Event Ticket Applications £16,350
- Estimated Gift Aid £7,400