Membership » Benefits
The benefits of membership are:
- A full programme of social events, ranging from historical evenings, dinners and receptions in historic locations, to an Annual Banquet with the Lord Mayor at the Guildhall, and an Annual Service in the church of St Lawrence Jewry next Guildhall. The events provide members and their guests the opportunity to meet fellow Freemen, to pursue their common interests in the City of London, and to visit places not normally open to the public.
- The Guild's Journal, which reports on the previous year's activities and functions, details of the forthcoming year's events and contains articles of general interest.
- Access to an exclusive members' area of the website.
- Participation in activities organised by special interest groups within the Guild, such as the Golfing Society.
- Opportunity to join the City Livery Yacht Club, which is exclusive to members of Livery Companies and the Guild of Freemen.
- Eligibility to apply for membership of the City Livery Club which shares the facilities of the Little Ship Club, Bell Wharf Lane, Upper Thames Street, between Mansion House and Cannon Street underground stations. Amongst its many attractions, the club has popular bar and dining room facilities and a comfortable and well-appointed anteroom where coffee is always available.
- Through a reciprocal arrangement between the Guild and the Honourable Company of Freemen of the City of London of North America, members can apply to attend selected events of the Honourable Company during visits to North America.