Heritage » Grant of Arms
The Coat of Arms was granted by the College of Arms in 1910. The description is:
Arms: Argent on a cross gules enfiled in pale by two mural crowns or a rose of the first stalked and leaved proper.
Crest: Issuant from a mural crown or a demi dove wings expanded proper.
Motto: Londinii Defende Tuos Deus Optime Cives ("O, Most Gracious Lord, Defend Thy Citizens of London").
The cross is the cross of St. George exactly as used in the Arms of the City of London, and the white rose is taken from the Arms of Cuthbert Wilkinson, the first Master.